Advanced Elective Module (AEM) & Elective Module (EM)
The offering of AEM / EM is to
- enrich the secondary school curriculum with more Applied Learning options.
- complement the Express and N(A)/N(T) curriculum through their focus on the practical application of knowledge.
- Joy of Learning : To provide our students with Applied Learning opportunities – learning that involves doing and applying, learning about the real world, and learning for life.
- Aspiration : To allow our students to discover their interests and make informed education and career options through the experience and learning in the polytechnic.
- Part of the school’s effort to encourage our Sec 3 students with interest in the different subjects (Science/Math/C&T/POA/Sport Science) to take up AEMs.
Through the AEM/EM, we hope that our students will develop a stronger sense of purpose and motivation to acquire knowledge and skills of the subject.