Applied Learning Programme
APPLIED LEARNING PROGRAMME(ALP)
To help students appreciate the relevance and value of what they learn in the academic curriculum and develop stronger motivation to acquire STEM knowledge and skills.
Our Key Programmes
- • Construction of SeaPerch
• Coding with the use of Micro:bits to control the SeaPerch
• Inter Class SeaPerch Competition
• Coding with the use of Micro:bits to incorporate different sensors onto the vehicle
• Inter Class vehicle competition (Line Reader)
• Partnership with Amazon Web Service (Educate) to learn Cloud Computing
• Enrichment Workshop on Drones flying
• Learning Journey to STEM related industries.
• Field Trip to Apple Retail store to learn coding
The fun, activity-based learning environment will support the development of many interpersonal skills, verbal and non-verbal skills, and active listening.
The programmes are also designed to reinforce the academic learning in school by bridging the gap between what they learn in school and how the skills can be applied in real life. The skills
and competencies include:
- Scientific inquiry and literacy
- Reasoning and problem solving
- Design thinking
- Computational thinking
- Data analysis and the use of technology