A life-long learner who is rooted to one’s culture
Our Key Programmes
- Mother Tongue Fortnight:
Students were given the opportunity to appreciate culture by taking part in activities such as traditional floral arrangement (“Sirih Junjung”) , playing musical instrument (”Kompang”) and Malay martial arts (“Silat”).
- Festive celebrations such as Chinese New Year and Hari Raya Celebrations to provide opportunities for students to appreciate their own cultures as well as others’.
- Conversational Chinese and Malay lessons for our students to have some grounding in their non-Mother Tongue language.
- 2017 National Chinese Story-Writing Competition for Secondary School Students
- Chinese Language Public Speaking Workshop cum Competition
- Drama Appreciation Workshop
- China, Shanghai Exchange Programme (Visit by Yang Liu Middle School)
- Pesta Budaya- Short Dramas and Oratorical Contest
- Rakan Bahasa Training for Museum Guides
- Anjakan Ilmiah -2017- GCE O Level Malay Language Preparatory Workshop
- Mother Tongue Language and Cultural Day
- 2015 GCE O Level Results
- We yielded value-added results in the 2015 GCE O-levels for Chinese and Malay Language.
- 2016 National Chinese Newspaper Design Competition organised by Committee for Promoting Chinese Language Learning (CPCLL)
- Joey Ling Jia Yan (2-4), Lim Jia Yi (2-5) and Lim Joe Ann (2-6) received Second Prize
- 2016 National Chinese Story-Writing Competition for Secondary School Students organised by Lianhe Wanbao and Anglican High School
- Zhang Enbo (2-7) received the Merit Awar
- Drama Appreciation Workshop organised by Committee for Promoting Chinese Language Learning (CPCLL) for Sec 2 students
- Mother Tongue Language and Cultural Day organised by Cluster W6 and W8 Schools for Sec 1 to 3 students
- Rakan Bahasa Training for Museum Guides organised by Malay Language Learning Promotion Committee
- Nur Adriana Bte Ismail (2-2) and Nur Fatin Alisha Bte Hafiz (2-3) were selected for the training
- Kalam Jauhari- GCE O Level Malay Language Preparatory Workshop organised by Siglap Secondary School
- Malay Language Pyramid Challenge organised by Cluster W6 and W8 Schools
- Pesta Budaya- Short Dramas and Oratorical Contest organised by ML Teachers for Sec 1 and 2 students
Our Programmes & Activities
As part of the Mother Tongue Fortnight Programme, students were given the opportunity to appreciate their own culture by taking part in activities such as traditional floral arrangement (“Sirih Junjung”) , playing a musical instrument (”Kompang”), Malay martial arts (“Silat”)., Chinese painting, Chinese Idioms and Proverbs games and visiting River Hongbao.
- For post-exam activities, a Cultural Carnival was organised (in collaboration with A&I Department) and a Conversational Chinese & Malay Programme.
- We also organised festive celebrations for Chinese New Year and Hari Raya. All these activities provide opportunities for students to appreciate their own as well as others’ cultures.
- In order to prepare graduating students for O Level Mid-Year Exams, teachers conducted an Intensive Revision Programme
I. EXTENSIVE READING PROGRAMME
This programme is conducted mainly to instil the habit and love for reading in students. It also aims to help students improve their language competence and to expand students’ vocabulary. In addition, through this reading programme, we hope to build students’ confidence to read independently and at the same time, develop students’ creativity in language usage through prose or poems. Reading activities are carried out based on the story books and newspapers that pupils have read. Pupils at the upper secondary levels subscribe to their Mother Tongue newspapers every week.
II. ICT INFUSED LESSON PACKAGE
- iMTL eLearning platforms for pupils to practise email writing and reading of passages.
- “News in Class”, a Chinese Language Lesson package by Media Corp.
- ICT lesson package designed by our teachers for New NT Oral Exam format with Video Clips
- iMTL Video for General Information in English https://www.youtube.com/watch?
- iMTL Video for Sec School_Chinese https://youtu.be/fmJZBbhqygY
- iMTL Video for Sec School_ Malay https://youtu.be/qU98UrrfczA
- iMTL Video for Sec School_ Tamilhttps://youtu.be/ckisOAHEvig
25 Secondary 3 students participated National 2014 Secondary School Chinese Challenge Competition organized by Mediacorp and Nanyang Girls High School on 12 July 2014
Regent Secondary School have a fun DUCK Tour among International Students and Local Students under Integrate in Singapore Programme on 31 May 2014
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL CHINESE LANGUAGE COMPETITION PRIZE WINNERS
Team Regent Sec Sch which comprised of Shannon Lee (2-4), Lee Yi Xin (2-4), Josephine Moh (2-5), Xue Yu Ting (2-7) and guided by Ms Zhao Yanfen participated in 2017 National Chinese Language Newspaper Design Competition organised by Lianhe Zaobao. The team clinched the Gold Award and Best Topic Award. Their winning entries were published in “Comma” (Student’s publication by LhZb) on 30 Aug 2017.
- Wang Jing Ou of Class (4-9)
- Shannon Lee Jia En of Class (2-4)
- Lee Yi Xin (2-4)
- Josephine Moh Hui Yee (2-5)
- Xue Yu Ting (2-7)
- Tan Shuen (1-5)
Click on the Newspaper Article’s below to view the students achievement which was published in the Lianhe Zaobao
“Source:[Lianhe Zaobao] © Singapore Press Holdings Limited. Permission required for reproduction”.
Chinese Language Essay Writing Competition organised by PA and Lianhe Zaobao
3 Regenites won the Inter-School Chinese Language Essay Writing Competition organised by PA and Lianhe Zaobao.
2014 NATIONAL CHINESE NEWSPAPERS COMPETITION:
1) 1ST RUNNER-UP
2) BEST THEME AWARD
XIN LEI JIANG – 12TH NATIONAL SECONDARY SCHOOL CHINESE CREATIVE WRITING COMPETITION:
Wong Yiran Class: 3-8
SECOND PRIZE (Secondary School Category)
NATIONAL MALAY LANGUAGE DRAMA COMPETITION ( TEATER PELAJAR 2014)
CONDUCTED BY MARINE PARADE TEENS NETWORK CLUB: