To complement the cyber wellness curriculum in schools, parents can set a good example at home in the use of technology and play an active role in guiding our children to navigate in cyberspace. Here are the steps for PARENTing in the digital age:
Social Media Guidelines
We have listed some websites that give parental guidance on some popular social media platforms that the youth use nowadays. The guidance below provides more related links for the related topics. Hope you will find them helpful.
Helping Your Child Manage Online Scams
Helping Your Child Manage Cyber Contacts
Cyber Wellness Articles
We have some useful articles here to help you stay current on Cyber Wellness.
- Parents, the Guardians of Internet Safety
- Cyber Wellness – Useful Resources
- Guide for Parents on Setting Parental Controls
- Understanding Cyber Wellness
- Navigating the Cyber World Safely
- ICT in Schools: To Use or Not to Use?
- Play Safe – Avoid Online Gaming Addiction
- Safeguarding Your Child Online
- Exploring Online, Safely and Confidently
- Spreading Cyber Wellness through Student Ambassadors
- The best age to give your child a smart phone, according to Bill Gates
Cyber Wellness Resources by External Agencies
C-Quest Game to promote conversations between you and your children on Cyber Wellness
The Ministry of Education has developed a mobile app, C-Quest, which will serve as a tool to encourage conversations between parents and their children on cyber wellness. Through the game, students will also learn to be safe, respectful, and responsible users of Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
C-Quest, in facilitating conversation between parents and their children, also complements the Cyber Wellness curriculum taught in schools through Citizenship and Character Education (CCE). The CW curriculum reinforces the positive values and social emotional competencies needed for our students to navigate the cyber space skilfully and safely.